Sunday, June 30, 2013

Dragon Power

     My friend George Ivan Smith promised to make me an angel bread sculpture in a few months to celebrate the end point of my Hero's Journey. But to tide me over, he made me this dragon. He delivered it warm, fresh from the oven and insisted it was made to eat. While I don't generally eat art, I ingested this beast with butter and jam. I feel the fire in my belly and I'm ready for battle because of it. (My kids helped me indulge after getting quite a chuckle when they spotted it resting on our counter.) 




      Here's a poem by Jack Prelutsky (from an accompanying book George lent me) that speaks to this moment in time, and perhaps says a little something about positive thinking.  

If you don't believe in dragons, 
It is curiously true
That the dragons you disparage
Choose to not believe in you.





No comments:

Post a Comment